tcarpenter

Last activity
Following 0 users
Followed by 0 users
Votes 0
Subscriptions 10

Recent activity by tcarpenter

• Importing CAD Models

Lately, I've been getting a lot of CAD models (STEP files) failing.  I have tried converting these files to OBJ, and FBX to no avail.  The error messages aren't much help; [2022-02-08T12:21:30.324...

• 2 followers
    • 1 comment
    • 0 votes
  • 2D “Dimensions“ in 3D Models?

I’ve been looking at the shape objects and Canvas Text Operators. I need to add dimensions to a model for a customer, something along these lines: I’ve toyed with the idea of dimension lines a...

• 3 followers
    • 5 comments
    • 0 votes
  • Instancing in Threekit?

Hope this is the right location for this… So I have a chest of drawers. I have a carcass to house the drawers. No problem with this. The problem comes in with my generic drawer with Width, Height...

• 2 followers
    • 4 comments
    • 0 votes
  • Flexible Booleans?

Not quite sure how to go about this one… I need to do a layout - an array fits the bill nicely - but - I have the potential of needing a cutout. Think rafters attaching to a house, and a chimney ...

• 2 followers
    • 2 comments
    • 0 votes
  • Custom Script Question

I’m a noob when it comes to custom scripts and JavaScript for that matter, but I have this small function I’m trying to implement: (function() { var c = api.getConfigurator(); var cn = c.getCon...

• 2 followers
    • 4 comments
    • 0 votes
  • Material Selection Logic Question

I have a bunch of components to add/change materials to with logic rules. Seems like I’m going to have to add 70some odd rules to make it work - but I could be doing something wrong. I see there’s ...

• 2 followers
    • 3 comments
    • 0 votes
  • Duplicate node not showing on logic tab

I have a model I’ve been working with in the 3D editor and I after creating some logic, I noticed I was missing a component. I used the “Duplicate Nodes” option to create a copy, then transformed t...

• 2 followers
    • 3 comments
    • 0 votes