• Last activity
  • Followed by 0 users
  • Votes 0
  • Subscriptions 10

Activity overview

Latest activity by tcarpenter
  • tcarpenter created a post,

Importing CAD Models

Lately, I've been getting a lot of CAD models (STEP files) failing.  I have tried converting these files to OBJ, and FBX to no avail.  The error messages aren't much help; [2022-02-08T12:21:30.324...

• tcarpenter commented,

Sorry Ashutosh - not sure what you mean by "…using part reference…”, I haven’t used that technique, so I’m afraid I’m not sure how to help you. However, your rules look as though you’re setting an...

• tcarpenter commented,

Hi Ashutosh, It’s hard to "police” a model to make sure it’s set up correctly so you only turn on components. So in your rules (I see the attributes, but not the logic), when your conditions are m...

• tcarpenter commented,

Hi Ashutosh, Should be fairly straight forward - something like this should work:   HTH

• tcarpenter commented,

Hi Will, Thanks for jumping in here. I’m not doing something right, just not sure what. Here’s my texture, which does have a variable: The variable/rules appear to work:   So I think I’m good wit...

• tcarpenter commented,

I’ve been looking at the shape objects and Canvas Text Operators. I need to add dimensions to a model for a customer, something along these lines:   I’ve toyed with the idea of dimension lines as ...

• tcarpenter commented,

Hi Joel, Not real sure what you’re trying to accomplish here… If you want to hide a part already in your model, in your rules section, create a boolean attribute, and then a rule setting the nodes...

• tcarpenter commented,

Hi Will - this is Admin.

• tcarpenter commented,

Hope this is the right location for this… So I have a chest of drawers. I have a carcass to house the drawers. No problem with this. The problem comes in with my generic drawer with Width, Heigh...

• tcarpenter commented,

Hi tony, If you can’t follow what Nicole suggested - can you apply a PolyMesh operator to it, and then use the symmetry mirror operator?   Not sure if that would do the trick for or not, but maybe...