Getting issues with 3d modeling configuration
Hi William Thompson, We have some queries related to 3D modeling configuration. Please check below points and let us the solution.
1. Basic Rules are implemented on catalogue item but now we want to integrate the rules for 3d modeling. For example: There is a product category Armless sofa. In that any component can be attached to the left and right side if drag and dropped or clicked.
2. For L-Shape & U-Shape configurations. Any component can be attached to the left and right side. Component can also be used on the extremes, as a closing piece.
3. Corner snapping: the component being dragged will snap to an existing component’s corner if the distance between two corners are less than a specified value. If not satisfied, that component will move to the next condition.
4. Edge snapping: the component being dragged will snap to an existing component’s edge if the distance between two edges are less than a specified value. If not satisfied, that component will move to the next condition.
5. We have added different type of products like sofa and bed from the listing into player and we have different color options so when we click on any color how it will reflect on products added in the configurator?
Here is the built in node alignment feature https://community.threekit.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406068592539-Player-API-Client-side#scenealignnodenodeidalignnodeid however that is a one-off function that immediately performs the alignment. You'd need to create a custom player tool to process user inputs (selection/dragging) and apply that alignment operation when the desired condition is met.
I've logged a case on your behalf for someone who has performed an implementation to set up time to speak with you about it as I unfortunately ahven't worked with attach points before.
I'm sorry I wasn't able to help with this more but I'll keep an eye on the case and try to make sure someone speaks with you ASAP
Per the case I logged
Sorry I couldn't be of more direct help. I'm implementing something similar to this myself right now and if I make progress I'll share it with you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.