🗂️ Categories have been added to the Catalog to help you define a custom, hierarchal structure to better organize your Catalog Items. This will allow you to mirror your Catalog structure in Threekit so that you can find what you're looking for easier and manage large Catalogs more easily.
The Categories filter allows you to:
- All - view all Catalog Items across Categories and those that are Uncategorized
- Uncategorized - view any Catalog Items that don't have an associated Category
- Category - view any Catalog Items associated to that Category and (if applicable) any of its children
Manage Categories by going to the new Category Management page:
The Category Management page displays Categories, any children categories, a count of Catalog Items associated to that Category (these link to the Catalog filtering to that Category), and category creation and update info:
New Categories can be added and modified using the Quick Edit panel:
Categories can be associate with Parent Categories for hierarchal structures:
Categories can be organized by dragging them in the list to update the sort order and hierarchy:
Categories can be deleted and restored using the Trash functionality. Items associated with deleted Categories will be set to Uncategorized.
Categories can be associated with Catalog Items on the Catalog Edit page using the new Categories select tool:
Quick Edit can also be used to associate Items with Categories:
To associate multiple Catalog Items, Bulk Edit can be used:
🖼️ A Player Watermark has been added to the Threekit Player when embedded from a non-Production environment in order to know when a Threekit Experience is being loaded from a Staging environment.
🖼️ Model Proxy support has been added to simplify managing multiple model assets for single Catalog Items to generate the best experience based on output: higher quality models can be used for Virtual Photographer and optimized models can be used for realtime 3D/webGL and AR.
Model Proxies can be created when creating new assets:
Existing Models can converted to Model Proxies using the Convert to Model Proxy button:
Model Proxy assets contain slots for WebGL, AR (gLTF/Android), AR (USDZ/iOS), and V-Ray:
🤳Scene assets now support Augmented Reality. The existing AR workflows (e.g. View in my Space button in the Threekit player) will generate AR assets for Scenes.
Threekit will ignore Scene objects, like cameras and lights. Also, AR experiences using Scenes will only support floor placement. For wall placement, Models should be used.
Scene Proxy assets can be created from the new Asset screen:
Existing Scenes can be converted using the Convert to Scene Proxy button:
Scene Proxy assets contain slots for WebGL, AR (gLTF/Android), AR (USDZ/iOS), and V-Ray:
🏎️ Image upload in personalization experiences have been sped up so that user will see their image nearly instantly. JPG and PNG uploads will be displayed in the player nearly immediately while Threekit uploads it to the platform in the background.
Bugs / Cases
- DEV-637 AO map baking is too strong on AR Renders
- DEV-626 Attribute Options not Updating on Org Switch
- DEV-609 Cannot edit attributes on Catalog Item page
- DEV-606 Incorrect sorting of tags listing by "Used in ..."
- DEV-578 Slow load times due to many tags
- DEV-567 Restricting Attribute value groups that contain "&" results in 500 error
- DEV-563 Rule Condition: "Has Changed" does not appear to fire when "Texture" attribute change
- DEV-364 Default Value Table is not migrated correctly
- DEV-209 Sales Force Implementation Issues ( 429 Rate Limit )