2021.24.0 - November 25, 2021
Modular & Spatial Configuration
🏗️ Modular and spatial configurator physical constraints can now be setup easily in platform using new Layout Container nodes to build Room Builder like interactions in the Threekit Player:
- Item Selection and highlighting
- Item positioning/dragging
- Positioning constraints
Layout Container nodes control for movement constraints, selectability of elements, and outline styling.
Layout Container Node
Layout Container nodes can be added in the scene using the new toolbar icon or the right-click menu in the Scene Tree:
To enable dragging, use the Container Meshes reference field to reference existing node(s) within he asset to act as dragging constraints. In this example, there is a Plane node representing a floor so that elements cannot be moved beyond it:
Selection color & thickness
Layout Containers contain overrides for the default Selection Highlight Color and Outline Thickness as Operators in the Selection section:
Then, models can be imported into the asset and made children of the Layout Container in order to be constrained to the Floor Plane:
In the example above, there are multiple Layout Container nodes to produce Floor and Wall constraints.
Props & immovable objects
Props, or unselectable/immovable, elements can be added to the asset simply by placing the outside of layout containers.
☑️ Want to make components of a product selectable in the Player? Layout Container nodes can also be used to make children nodes selectable without any movement. Simply leave the Container Meshes reference blank and all children will still be selectable in the player.
Alerts & Warnings
⚠️ Alerts have been added to help you find, diagnose, and resolve common issues with your Items and Assets.
Alerts are on by default but can be turned off by going to the Settings > Features page:
For example, if a rule in an Asset is malformed, you will see an Alert in the Catalog listing for any Item(s) that refer to it. You can sort Items using this column to easily find any with issues:
On an individual Item pages, you will see an indication by the title with a tooltip:
In the Assigned Assets panel, you will also see an indication next to the Asset with a tooltip:
On individual Asset pages, you will see verbose alerts above the player. You can click the ⚠️ icon to expand to see multiple warnings, if applicable. From here, you can see the details of the warning and click them to go directly to what is generating them:
The Editor will highlight broken or invalid references in Rule conditions and actions.
When working in the Editor, if the current Asset has issues in the Logic section, there will be a warning icon in the Logic tab.
The Editor's bottom Asset panel now has a tab to view Warnings for the current asset:
These warnings are also linked.
ℹ️ Note: for existing Organizations with existing data (e.g. Items and Assets), warning will only show once the data is viewed or updated (e.g. view and Asset or edit an Item).
📑 API docs have been updated and can be found here: https://community.threekit.com/hc/en-us/sections/4405445058843-Connecting-and-Displaying-Externally-APIs-
Cases / Bugs
- GL7609 - Support org access display date shows 1 day behind after refresh
- GL7653 - Breadcrumb not correct when left clicking after searching
- GL7725 - Recurring issue with catalog import jobs stuck pending
- GL7736 - Change on the rule action related to the environment crashes the webpage
- GL7742 - 2D player flickers when spins are enabled
- GL7743 - Font Color change to black on Mobile
- GL7745 - Error while disabling MFA from Account page
- GL7747 - Composites do not match the result on the 2D player
- GL7755 - Vray operators not applying to the new V-ray Mesh nodes
- GL7758 - Monogram camera doesn't seem to work properly after click animation and rotating object
- GL7768 - TIFF images failing to import
- GL7782 - Ignore RenderChannel plugins in V-ray