2021.15.0 - July 22, 2021
📏 Dimension annotations can be added to Interactive 3D and Virtual Photography experiences!
Threekit can measure models in realtime and display measurements in a variety of units or can refer to imported Catalog metadata for the measurement value. They an be displayed conditionally using Attributes like any other product option.
To add Dimensions to either your model or scene assets, use either the new
Box Dimensions or
Line Dimensions annotations:
Box Dimensions can be used to display the overal dimensions of one or more products in a stage. For example, you can measure one sofa, the size of a modular sofa as it's configured, or the overall floor space needed for a living room arrangement:
Target Nodes to select what you want to measure, either by node names or node tags. Note that node tags can be used to measure tagged nodes within an asset reference. For example, a scene can measure between tagged nodes within a model placed in a scene.
You can configure the unit type and rounding. Threekit supports
feet and inches,
You can also select which dimensions to measure:
Length. Within each dimension, you can select the annotaiton placement, use a custom label, and control the annotation offset.
Line Dimensions can be used to measure any two points. For example, you can measure the seat depth of a sofa, the arm width, or the clearance of one part to another:
Start Node and
End Node to select what you want to measure, either by node names or node tags. Note that node tags can be used to measure tagged nodes within an asset reference. For example, a scene can measure between tagged nodes within a model placed in a scene.
Dimension annotation styling includes color, font, line thickness, and font size:
Note that you can upload Fonts to Threekit as Assets and use those with annotations.
Dimension annotations will render as you see them in the player with no additional set up. Adding dimensions at scale to virtual photography is as easy as adding Dimensions to a
Scene, selecting the associated
Stage at render time along with the
Items you'd like to measure:
Render results can then be fetched using the Threekit API or downloaded from the Render results page:
🎚 2D Player Image Settings can be used to drastically improve User Experience by optimizing images at scale. In the
Player Settings section, you can optimize images displayed in the Threekit player:
You can control the file format using
For best performance, it is recommended that
Webp be used along with
Adaptive resolution. This setting will display the best result based on screen size and can lead to a ~70% file size improvement.
By default, the settings are kept as
Original so that Organizations can opt-in.
⚙️ Local attributes can now be used on Catalog Items and be mapped to
Global Attributes in
Composite Assets. This provides the ability to reuse
Composite assets with Catalog Items where the name of the attributes match.
For example, Catalog Items can have
Local attributes named Fabric with differing value and be used with a
Composite asset that uses a
Global attribute named Fabric.
⚙️ Additional Vray Properties have been exposed in Threekit for the Subdiv/Displacement operator:
- Subdivision operator:
- Classic Catmull Clark
- Displacement operator:
- Keep continuity
- Enable Water Level
- Water level
- Displacement bounds
- Automatic (default)
- Min value
- Max value
💡 Unlit operator has been added to PBR materials to give you better control over materials.
Unlit materials can also be created from the new Asset screen:
By adding the
Unlit operator, a material will not be affected by any scene lighting.
⚙️ WebGL Roughness can be controlled via the
Features page to use either the current
Legacy roughness or new, more accurate
gLTF1 2 spec roughness. This means that there are less modifications to do in Threekit to get the best looking results.
Existing organizations will be set to
Legacy to retain the current experiences. New organizations will be set to
- GL6411 - Missing documentation on the Vray render settings
- GL7153 - The Threekit logo setting reverted
- GL7204 - Catalog and Asset listings load slowly
- GL7244 - Color attribute is not propagating to the child canvas inside canvas composite
- GL7245 - The new UV Channel box for Vray Map attributes is not showing in scene nodes
- GL7253 - Rendering with vrscene Model assets yields incorrect results
- GL7260 - Invisible assets are loading during the initialization
- GL7269 - Renders are running slow/failing due to "timeout exceeded" errors
- GL7132 - Vray Subdiv/Displacement operator is creating wrong UV settings
- GL7139 - Models losing smoothed Normals on Import - FBX
- GL7190 - The Set Property action in comp assets for ImageLayer's Texture property needs to allow attributes as well
- GL7191 - Composite Fails if Layer attribute is missing on item
- GL7210 - The render count on the VP render page is broken
- GL7232 - Set attribute to Metadata value doesn't work with global attributes
- GL7233 - UI for set-model (set-material, set-texture) acts weird when I have a boolean attribute.
- GL7239 - Lights named with "TK_" are not appearing in the Lights operator for VRscene imports
- GL7243 - Updating a scene from a vrscene file will overwrite custom changes to the TK_ properties