Provides guidelines on how to estimate delivery timing for individual tasking.
Why does this matter to you?
- Provides portfolio information for planning and budgeting purposes
- All Consultants need to estimate their own tasks
- All relevant design and build tasks
- Create & complete a task within your project planning system (i.e. JIRA), Asana)
- Estimate and list all build steps
- Estimate internal Quality Assurance (QA)
- Estimate internal Peer Review (PR)
- Estimate validation & testing support
- Include contingency estimate
Task Estimation Supporting Notes:
- Mid-project, New task
- Individual Contributor (consultants & designers)
- Project Planning System (i.e. JIRA task)
- Portfolio information & planning
- Build or design task
- Confirm Use Case - should be documented via Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and referenced in the Jira task
- Add reference images & screen shots
- add hours, start date & end date
- make as accurate as possible - based on the skill of the resource who will execute
- Contingency will vary depending on complexity of the task.