⚙ Async Scene Graph changes are a large change to how the core of Threekit operates, including improvements for custom code simplicity, speed, and accessing nested configurations.
📎 Implementation will need to update their code to be compatible and take advantage of new features. Details can be found here.
- 👥 User Roles and Permissions makes it easier and more secure to collaborate with internal and external teams within Threekit. Organizations can create as many as Roles as they need and assign permissions to the Roles. Then, they can assign users roles to give them limited access. For example, you can give manufacturers access to the Orders section only and artists access to the Catalog and Assets only.
🔎 Head over to the Settings > Members to create Roles and assign them to Organization members. Note that all existing users retain Administrator access.
- 🖼 Posterization has been added as an operator for images. Now you can recolour images in real-time to a predefined list of colors. For example, if a Customer only prints 20 set colors or in black and white, Threekit can automatically recolor image uploads to those 20 colors in the configurator. Threekit can also export the recolored images for post-order workflows.
🔎 Head over to a Texture asset and add the Posterization Operator. Then you can add a list of colors using HEX code or HTML color names
Catalog, Stages, Renders
The listing table has been given super-powers using Ag-Grid. Now, you can filter text columns, sort, pin columns, hide/show columns, and Threekit will save your modifications. We’ve also add timestamps to the date column. Row options have been moved to the right click menu. We’ll be rolling out the new table system to the rest of the platform soon.
🎥 Default Stages can be set for each organization to override the Threekit default stages for Models, Materials, and Textures. Want to see materials on a model that represents the products rather than a sphere? For example, for furniture companies they can see their materials on a sofa with more appropriate lighting and environment. Create scenes for each asset view you want to override, create & link a Stage, add an attribute to the stage called “Asset”, and set them for your organization.
🔎 Head over to Settings > Features to select from your Stages:
All Stages now require an
Asset part reference attribute. The value can be left blank.
- Map Override operator now works for VRay materials as well as physical based materials.
- ✅ Bulk Rendering allows you to render at scale: select more than one Item at a time by name or by tag or using a combination then select one or more Stages. If the Items share attributes and values, you can filter them.
- GL6065 - React no longer renders more than necessary taking saving ⅔ loading time for those components.
- GL6140 - Child configuration changes only trigger once now.
- GL6064 - Static assets (e.g. materials and textures with no configuration) are not instanced to decrease load times.
- GL5717 - QR code from desktop does not launch product in AR as it is configured
- GL4914 - Upload feature creates a texture that is always 512/512, stretching the original file
- GL5987 - Successful vray renders not appearing under render tab + 500 errors
- GL5943 - STEP files failed to export
- GL5933 - Catalog item attribute retaining phantom values
- GL5717 - Scrollbar on QR Code
- GL3485 - Adding new rule to set attribute value has no effect
- GL4445 - Configurator string attribute get truncated after certain length
- GL6061 - Asset loading more asset in target org than source org after migration
- GL5826 - Vray renders with comp layers are getting cropped incorrectly
- GL6142 - the importedFileId is null for the assets which are created by import files